LESSON PLAN BRIEF (LPB)
SECTION 1. THE TASK
An Accountant or Accountancy Teacher / Tutor, is sought, who can provide, or create, 15 lesson plans for 15 excellent one-hour college lessons covering the 15 topics of accounting listed in section 2.
For this project, we are happy to give the person full freedom to provide the format, content and style of the lessons in the way that they see is best. The deadline for completion of this task is [url removed, login to view], Sunday May 25 (GMT). The budget for this project is US$50.00. This project could be extremely easy for an accountant or accountancy teacher / tutor who already has a large database of lesson plans and lesson resources covering these topics.
As background, the lessons will be delivered to a small class of 17 year old English girls next week, who are about to sit their AS Accounting exams. The girls are quite a bit behind in their work (due to their teacher being absent for a long part of the year), so the lessons should be pitched at a basic level, with any content, questions and activities being very simple. The more simple, the better.
SECTION 2. THE 15 TOPICS / LESSONS
1) Lesson about SOURCE DOCUMENTS (invoices, credit notes, debit notes, cheque counterfoils, paying-in slip counterfoils, cash receipts, till rolls, petty cash vouchers, bank statements)
2) Lesson about LEDGER ACCOUNTS and SUBSIDIARY BOOKS
3) Lesson about DOUBLE-ENTRY BOOKKEEPING
4) Lesson about HOW TO PREPARE A TRIAL BALANCE
5) Lesson about HOW TO PREPARE A PROFIT & LOSS ACCOUNT (identifying gross and net profit)
6) Lesson about HOW TO PREPARE A BALANCE SHEET (with subheadings for Fixed and Current assets, Capital, Long-term and Current liabilities).
7) Lesson on ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES, CONCEPTS AND CONVENTIONS (Going concern, accruals, consistency, prudence, materiality, realisation, business entity and objectivity)
8) Lesson about HOW TO CALCULATE DEPRECIATION (Straight-line and Reducing balance)
9) Lesson about BAD DEBTS
10) Lesson about ACCRUALS AND PREPAYMENTS
11) Lesson on RATIO ANALYSIS (and measuring the performance of a business)
12) Lesson about HOW TO CALCULATE COSTS (Direct costs, Indirect costs, Variable costs, Semi-variable costs, Fixed costs, Marginal costing, and Contribution)
13) Lesson about BREAKEVEN ANALYSIS (and how to calculate break-even point)
14) Lesson about BUDGETS AND BUDGETARY CONTROL (cash, purchases, sales, production, debtor, creditor and master budgets)
15) Lesson about SOCIAL ACCOUNTING
SECTION 3. THE OUTPUT REQUIRED
I 15 Lesson Plans
II Any Worksheets, Activity sheets, Question sheets or Other materials required in order to carry out the lessons
SECTION 4. A SOURCE OF FURTHER INFORMATION
The syllabus for this course is the AQA AS Accounting syllabus (Units 1, 3 and 4). A detailed outline of these 3 units, and the syllabus, (including past exam papers) can be found by visiting the following url below:
[url removed, login to view]
Roll mouse over QUALIFICATIONS
Click on CURRENT GCEs
Scroll down page, Click on ACCOUNTING
Scroll down page, Click on 2008 Specifications FULL SPECIFICATION
In this syllabus, you can read information about the aims of the course, and the topics upon which students are assessed. It is not mandatory to read the syllabus, but it may be of some use when providing or creating the lesson plans.
13 szabadúszó tett átlagosan $143 árajánlatot erre a munkára
i have 2 years accounting experience topped up with 3 years experience as a peer teacher in a local high school. i have the knowledge to create and document a comprehensive plan.