MVP product already exists, the perfect candidate should take the MVP and convert to a fully functioning product.
[url removed, login to view] (Apex code)
Bootstrap (front end)
Knowledge of Content Management Systems
The perfect freelancer should understand salesforce governor limits and how to manage them, should also understand field/object restrictions and types so the product can generate and collect information into those fields.
Some concepts in the tool:
1. Be able to convert from one field type to another (Text -> Drop-Down)
2. Be able to check conversion capabilities (if database drop-down is restricted and accepts only pre-defined values, do not allow Text -> Drop-Down conversion of field)
3. Be able to create multiple related objects
4. Be able to create widgets (plugins for expanded functionalities, like datatables etc.)
5. Be able to create a validation mechanism (field validation based on regex/masked input/field restrictions for length or data type/pre-defined out of the box validations)
6. be able to create conditional display of fields, conditional requirement for field completion all dynamically
7. be able to save into a draft for future completion
8. leave audit trail (when was the form opened (date and time) what was the IP of the completing user, what browser and how long was the form displayed to the user before completion or closing the tab)
9. The resulting form generated by the tool should work on desktop & mobile
10. The generation tool & the form should not use external libraries or such should be agreed with us
11. The forms generated should be able to be embedded, distributed as a link
12. the forms should have capability to identify user before completion (dynamically select 2 or more fields from database to allow user to complete the form)
13. the forms generated will by default use bootstrap but can have that switched off
14. multiple customization utilities should be presented to the user (label position, colors, field width etc)
15. Form Generation tool is going to be used by end user who is not technical
16. Forms should be able to be created in multiple stages/pages (user to click Next to progress to the next page)
1. Salesforce (force.com) Sites
2. Salesforce (force.com) Communities
3. Salesforce (force.com) Governor Limits
4. Salesforce (force.com) Security
5. Salesforce (force.com) Database – types and restrictions
There are similar tools out there and the freelancer will be given trials of such to use for reference
The product will resemble something like Google Forms but with expanded functionalities.
Adding to the project scope for clarity –
Data conversion should be done between all field types on the salesforce platform where possible. I have already done the mapping but it may be under review.
The tools hould also be able to handle attachments (one or multiple) which will be saved against the object the form is based on (or sub-based on)
Another update on functionality requirement:
When a form is sent as a link it should create a new record against the object the form is based on. If a record is specified as an ID in the URL, it should load the data from that record and the form displayed will be pre-populated.
If the core record is specified, via filter query we should be able to display related objects