Requirement is of An Opencart developer, who is well versed with the functionalities of Opencart, so would be able to create RoomBoard functionality and integrate it into an existing template.
Keyword: RoomBoards - RBs
What is RoomBoard?
RoomBoards might sound very dramatic but is a very simple functionality. Just like in a Wishlist, where a visitor/customer can add multiple products, save them to access it at a future date, send it to a third person, that third person may order from that wishlist and so on, RoomBoards are very much similar to that. Except that every customer should be able to create MULTIPLE ROOMBOARDS. A customer 'M' might create a RoomBoard by name of Mr. Prakash, and he adds 30 products to that RoomBoard. Then M sends this RoomBoard to Mr. Prakash. Mr. Prakash further makes changes to this RoomBoard and notify M. This final RoomBoard is then ordered by M. At a single time a customer may work upon 30 RoomBoards titled Mr. Prakash, Jennifer, Gandhinagar and so on. Each RoomBoard can be shared with any 3rd person and this 3rd person should be able to make changes into the RoomBoard.
What we require?
1. To create a very prominent ‘My RoomBoards’ division on the home page. ( Kindly refer to [url removed, login to view]). This division should show the recently used/worked on RoomBoards of the logged-in user. For new customers ‘Create your first RoomBoard’ should flash there.
2. ‘My RoomBoards’ (from the above point) should redirect to a RoomBoards page. On this page on the content top, some filters are required to help the user to search through his existing RoomBoards. Filters like Name, Date Created, and Address etc.
3. On My RoomBoards page ‘Create a RoomBoard’ button.
4. In Body all the RoomBoards created by the logged in user should be visible. Each RoomBoard should show its title, Date Created, one or two other details and View & Delete buttons inline.
5. Our existing website does not have a product description page, so every product is added to cart through quick look only. A ‘Add to RoomBoard’ button should add respective product to the RoomBoard after displaying recently used RoomBoards in popup. Since a customer may have more than one RoomBoards, every new product can be added to a different RoomBoard.
6. Changes should be made in RoomBoards from Admin.
7. Admin should see Customer X from Customer Group Y has 30 RBs.
9. The logged in user should be able to see his RoomBoards only, not anyone else’s. Except for once exception.
10. Suppose Admin creates a Customer Group ABC Ltd. This customer group has 31 customers. 30 regular customers and 1 master customer. The 30 regular customers see only their own RBs, but only 1 master customer can see the RBs of all the rest customers in the ABC Ltd (his own) customer group. This master customer has full access to each of the regular customer’s RBs in his group.
We have already partly created RoomBoard functionality as per above description. You may use these files and modify them accordingly to meet our requirements or may create new functionality from scratch.
The existing incomplete RoomBoards can be accessed at [url removed, login to view]
Username: demo at the rate [url removed, login to view]
Check My account in Header
KINDLY NOTE THAT THESE EXISTING ROOMBOARDS DOES NOT NECESSARILY MATCH OUR REQUIREMENTS. THEY ARE JUST TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA ABOUT THE FUNCTIONALITY THAT WE REQUIRE.
Please keep in mind that RoomBoards will going to be the main feature of our website, so it will require major changes in the color scheme, layouts etc. upon implementation.
Interested developers kindly revert for every minute details or question. Your work will definitely be highly acknowledged. Also inform us if you have some inputs about the project or are just curious.
Looking forward to this.
Demo store URL in which it has to be implemented will be shared to interested developers.
Thank you for your time.